Sunday, July 15, 2012

How to change language setting of Canon Print dialog box

Well, this has been quite annoying so far. I just purchased a brand new canon MG5250 multifunction printer and default installer didn't even ask me for language I would like to choose. Here is a small guilt admission; I am in Switzerland and I dont speak yet any of the official Swiss language i.e. German or French or Italian yet. But unfortunately, the probability of finding people like me was considered as little as of a Meteorite hitting earth in 2012 by Canon SW designers, who steadfastly assumed that if the printer is being installed in Swiss German speaking area, it must be in German :-) Wunderbar!

Well, finally I found that there is a fast way to change the language setting of the printer dialog box apart from reinstalling and messing up your Windows settings. I believe this would be applicable for most of the Canon products as well. So here it goes....


Just open the print dialog menu; and browse till the last tab (Called Maintenence in English) and press "About" button. Depending upon your current language of installation, the text would vary but I am sure you would be able to reach till right buttons.

As soon as the About Us dialog opens, you see a language button. Bingo! Here it is.


Just select the language you want and press OK and close the printer settings completely. Next time you open it, it would be into your preferred language.

Enjoy!

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot . was arabic before screenshot helped a lot

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful person inside and out, really, bless your beautiful soul. I had my language in japanese and couldn't figure out what to press without messing anything up.

Anonymous said...

much thanks for this very clear and intelligent instruction.
My printer reaet to Arabic and i spent long time searching for a solution.
your screenshot was the clear answer.
Canon manuals no help for this situation.
You are a treasure,Bless you.

Anonymous said...

much thanks for this very clear and intelligent instruction.
My printer reaet to Arabic and i spent long time searching for a solution.
your screenshot was the clear answer.
Canon manuals no help for this situation.
You are a treasure,Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing (:

Anonymous said...

Tq so much... :-)... It really works...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks a lot.
This works on Canon MG6200 Series as well.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU. I'd tried removing and reinstalling the drivers and that didn't work. Your instructions fixed it in less than a minute. The screen caps helped a lot. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

great, thanks :)))

Unknown said...

Thank you so much mine was in Hungarian & I speak only English
It was only in the preferences

Anonymous said...

we can say it's a canon printer's bug. and you fixed it.
you should be awarded from canon.
thank you my friend,
your beautiful mind makes my life so beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Thanx mate!

Anonymous said...

Very helpful - saved what might have been hours of messing about

Anonymous said...

omg thank you so much this was so helpful!

Anonymous said...

your awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

thank you.. very much
i was having a hard time searching for settings.Thanks again

Daniel Rahmanto said...

Thank you very very much, i use pixma iP2770

Unknown said...

Thank you very much "Beautiful Mind".

I had settings in Arabic on my Canon MP280 Printer Setings.

Finally, my family can use it easily.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks! This is just the kind of idiotic software design glitch that wastes hours and drives me crazy. You'd think Canon would have fixed it years ago.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! Your post saved me a LOT of time when I was attempting to meet a deadline. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!
For me it was in japanese and I tried installing a new driver from canon.de,
but it seemed to ignore all my language selections.
This post is 4 years old, but it is still beautiful.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! I was in Norway - Cannon decided I must therefore speak Norwegian. This was a great help!

taman kata said...

Thanks brother...

Cfern said...

Thank you very much... I had no clue and i was lost. Couldn't find the instructions elsewhere. The screenshots helped a lot. You made my day

Anonymous said...

thank you so much... It's my problem for a year already :) god bless and continue to be a blessing :)

Clean Dry Safe said...

A beautiful Mind, and a beautiful tutorial.

Well done, clear, and concise information, thanks for taking the time to share this information.

The so called "experts" had me re installing print drivers, which caused me endless headaches.



Unknown said...

Brilliant ! So simple compared to other advice. THANK YOU !

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I'd been using my printer in a language that I could barely read for 4 years until I found your post. Now, all the menus are in English!

Maher said...

articles are very interesting

I hope it can help

hy there, if you have problem with your printers, you can visit us at:

printersdrivercenter.blogspot.com
www.epson-printerdriver.com
www.dr-driver.com
www.drivers-pack.com
https://www.my-canondrivers.com
www.drive-download.com

Unknown said...

been searching.
til i found this very very helpful guide. thank you bigtime😇👍❤